The Association for the Study of Sport and the European Union will celebrate its 10th annual conference on 25-26 June 2015 in Angers (Frace). The local organiser is the EU-Asia Institute of ESSCA School of Management.
This year marks Sport&EU’s 10th anniversary and, also, the Bosman Ruling’s 20th anniversary. The association would like to seize the occasion of this milestone to reflect on the development of its field of study and put into perspective what our research may have contributed to European integration studies over the last decade. At the same time we want to look ahead to the future development of EU sports policy under article 165 Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU) and, on a more general note, discuss the challenges ahead for European sport, its role within the European integration process, and the prospects of academic research on these two subjects.
Conference programme and keynote lecture
The conference will start on 25th June at 9.00 and will finish on 26 June at 14.30. You can find the programme here.
We are happy to announce that the conference keynote speech will be delivered by Prof. Ögehan Şenyuva and Dr. Borja García, with the title “From Grayson to Richardson: What the hell has the common market (not) to do with sport?”
Venue: ESSCA School of Management (Angers)
This year’s conference will be hosted by ESSCA School of Management in beautiful Angers, in the heart of the Loire valley. ESSCA’s modern new campus will provide excellent facilities for all the delegates, whereas the surrondings in Angers will certainly be a great environment for those who also want to visit the area and stay longer either side of the conference.
Registration and fees
Registration for the conference is now open! If you want to register to attend, please fill the form following this link
We have managed to keep the costs at a very reasonable level, and the conference fee is €120.
Bank details to pay the conference fee:
- Groupe ESSCA
- IBAN : FR76 30003 00080 00050129976 46
- BIC : SOGEFRPP.
- Please mention SPORT in the reference of your transfer, so that the payment does not go astray and the accountants can connect it with the conference
Angers is located in the Loire Valley in Western France on the river Maine. You can find information about the city online through this official web.Travelling to Angers is easy, as it is conveniently served by a variety of plane and high speed train (TGV) services.
Reaching Angers by air
If you are travelling by plain to attend Sport&EU 2015, Angers can be reached flying to several airports.
- Paris Charles de Gaulle International Airport (Roissy) [IATA: CDG] is served by most national and international airlines. Travellers may decide to take a TGV train direct from the airport to Angers or change in Paris, depending on their arrival time.
- Paris Orly [ORY] is served by a number of national and international airlines including low-cost airlines. There are no direct trains from Orly to Angers. Travellers may decide to take a train from Massy Palaiseau or Paris Montparnasse.
- The regional Nantes Atlantique airport [NTE] is served by a number of national and international airlines, including Air France, Easyjet, Ryanair, Aer Arann, Iberia and Atlas Blue. From Nantes Atlantique airport take the shuttle bus to the Nantes city centre (shuttle every 20 minutes, travel times, 20 minutes, 6.20 €), then the TGV to Angers (TGV travel time 30 minutes).
- Angers airport [ANE] only has flights from London City [LCY], Toulouse [TLS] and Nice [NCE]. There should be free shuttle buses upon arrival of your flight to Angers’s main train station (Angers Saint-Laud).
Reaching Angers by train
Angers is easily reachable by high speed train (TGV) from Paris Montparnasse, Paris CDG Airport and Lille Europe stations.
Accomodation in Angers
We have selected one aparthotel in Angers for its location close to the town centre and its accessibility. We have also negotiated rates with two other hotels in Angers. Click here to download full information details on the recommended accomodation and booking procedures.
Contact the organisers
If you have any questions regarding registration and payment, please contact us by email: conference [at] sportandeu [dot] com
If you have any questions regarding accomodation please contact Aline Brisset: aline [dot] brisset [at] essca [dot] fr